Trauma Therapist in Chicago
Trauma therapy matters because trauma is unexpected, uncontrolled, and traumatic events cannot be avoided. The very nature of trauma can leave you feeling confused, doubtful, and often blaming yourself. Despite the common occurrence of trauma, all too many people live as victims to its persistent torture. You, too, can get past your past!
Do any of these sound like you?
- You feel numb or like your watching your life in a movie
- You question yourself and your identities often
- Your relationships are plagued by anxiety or seeming inability to connect with others
- You have nightmares or flashbacks
- You feel excessively vulnerable or are startled easily
- You feel powerless or hopeless
- You avoid people or places that remind you of a traumatic event
- You engage in self destructive or very risky behavior
- You have angry outbursts or irritability
- You feel depressed or isolated
- You experience a lot of guilt, shame, or self-blame
- You have a hard time trusting others