Grief Therapist in Chicago
The grieving process can be unpredictable - one minute you’re focused on a task and being productive and the next minute you feel like you can’t function. It’s normal to be flooded with happy memories and then, seemingly instantaneously, plagued by survivor’s guilt. For some, you might feel like you don’t even know who you are anymore - as though your loved one was you and was your life.
Do any of these sound like you?
- You feel like you don’t know how to live without your loved one
- You wonder who you are anymore
- You find yourself wishing for just one more day or one more conversation
- You feel guilty that you are still alive
- You find yourself “making deals with the devil” to bring them back
- You worry that if you feel “okay” your relationship with your loved one wasn’t “real”